As a first mover in the tourism and leisure industry, the Weisse Arena Gruppe keeps on demonstrating pioneering spirit and driving forward new projects. Read here more about the most important milestones in the history of the Weisse Arena Gruppe.
- First phase of the revolution on the mountain - commencement of construction work for the Alp Dado – Crest la Siala 6-seater chairlift.
- Signing of the DMO contract - from the start of financial year 2011/2012, Weisse Arena Gruppe assumes responsibility for year-round marketing of the Flims Laax Falera tourist destination. This constellation is innovative and unique within the Alpine region.
- Opening of the Freestyle Academy, Europe's first indoor freestyle arena. An attractive leisure facility all the year round, regardless of the weather, for strategically important target groups - families and young freestylers.
- Completion of the eighth rocksresort building - the holiday resort now has a total of 122 apartments with 587 beds.
- Modernisation of the Laax-Crap Sogn Gion aerial cableway and increasing of the capacity by 20%. The capacity of the Arena Express cable car from Flims is also increased.
- In addition to the airport shuttles from the Zurich-Kloten and Friedrichshafen airports, a shuttle is also laid on from Memmingen airport to LAAX.
- Official opening of the seven-building rocksresort, and all shops, restaurants and bars.
- LAAX becomes the first winter resort to become a partner of Miles & More, Europe's largest frequent flier programme.
- The first three rocksresort buildings stand ready at the valley station in Laax to welcome holiday guests.
- LAAX is the first Swiss winter resort to be granted a licence for a regular transport service to Zurich-Kloten airport. Together with the existing airport shuttle service to Friedrichshafen, this enables LAAX to cement its international standing.
- Commencement of building work for the rocksresort
- Expansion of the artificial snow cannon infrastructure. Including the new Nagens-Flims piste (with snow cannons), LAAX is able to offer four downhill runs guaranteed to have snow.
- Development of a new marketing concept for Flims Laax Falera together with Flims Laax Falera Tourismus AG. The dual-brand strategy throughout the year positions the winter and summer programmes under brands LAAX and Flims respectively.
- The first heatable 6-seater chairlift in Switzerland enters operation on the Scansinas to Mutta Rodunda route.
- The Riders Palace, the first "designer hotel" in the Alps, is opened. The Riders Palace (2nd version), with modern design and sustainable construction technique, the latest multimedia technology in guest rooms and a huge concert area (for about 1000 people) in the basement, is targeted at a freestyle-loving audience.
- The Alpenarena Club (now SkiDirect) is the first bonus programme offered by a Swiss holiday destination. Guests collect bonus points in Flims Laax Falera that they are able to exchange for attractive rewards.
- Alpenarena.ch AG (to become Flims Laax Falera Tourismus AG) assumes the functions of the defunct Flims Laax Falera tourist association. A key step in formation of the destination
- For the first time, winter holidays can be booked online directly from innovative Internet site www.laax.com, thereby enabling Weisse Arena Gruppe to set a trend within the industry.
- The Arena Express cable car (Flims-Plaun-Nagens), one of the largest investment projects in Graubünden, enters operation.
- Amalgamation of the tourist offices in regions Flims, Laax and Falera into one tourism organisation, the foundation for forming a single destination.
- Weisse Arena Gruppe is formed from the amalgamation of the Crap Sogn Gion and Flims cable cars. This is the beginnings of the development from a cable car company into a successfully integrated provider of Alpine winter experiences.
- Opening of the first three New Technology Centres (NTC). Winter holidays made easy with the opportunity to rent, buy or test the latest winter sports equipment. Today, the rental stations of F*** (Free) and Boarderworld offer a comprehensive range of all-mountain, freestyle and freeride skis and snowboards.